I-130 & I-485 Concurrent Filing Online
Step by Step Instructions on Completing Form I-485
Form I-485 must be filed by an immigrant who seeks to adjust his
non-immigrant status to permanent resident status. You may download this form
from the website or you can complete it online. This form contains 5 parts and
you need to complete all the parts of this application. You may go through the following instructions
and complete your application.
Part 1
Personal information about yourself must be
entered in the first part of this application and you must enter your name,
family name, your birth date and your mailing address. Similarly, you need to
enter the name of your home country, your social security and your alien
registration numbers. Your current USCIS status, is the status that you are
currently on and you must also provide the date on which your current status
will expire.
Part 2
You need to check the appropriate box that applies
to you, in the second part of Form I-485. If you are in the United States on a
non-immigrant visa and if you are sponsored by your family member for lawful
status and if you are filing Form I-485 to adjust your status, you need to
check the first box. This form is self explanatory and you can just go through
the form instructions and complete the form.
Part 3
This part of Form I-485, is also self explanatory
and you need to enter the processing information in this part. This part
contains three sections and you will have to provide details about the visa
that you hold, names of your parents and your marital status, in Section A. You
need to provide details about your spouse, children and your step-children, in
Section B. You need to enter the names of all your eligible dependents, even if
they are not immigrating along with you to the United States.
If you are affiliated with any organization or party, you will have to
provide detailed explanation about your membership in those organizations and
parties, in Section C. This section will help the USCIS officers to identify
the terrorists and prevent them from entering into America.
Following that, you need to answer 18 questions.
Part 4
Part four is meant for the applicants with disabilities. If you are
disabled and if you require spacial accommodations, while appearing for the
interview, you need to complete this part. If you are not disabled, you need
not complete this part.
Part 5
After completing all the parts of Form I-485, you need to affix your
signature in the space that is provided. If your application was completed by
someone else, the person who filled the form must sign your form.
After completing your application, go through the application again and
make sure that your application is complete. Similarly, do not provide false
information, as your application will be denied if the immigration officers
find that the information provided by you is not true.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento